Addis Ababa, January 31 (WIC) – Some 95 per cent of construction of Ashegoda wind farm project has been completed, according to the Ethiopian Electric Power Corporation (EEPCo).
EEPCo Public Relations Head, Misiker Negash, said the wind farm has already begun generating 30MW energy with one turbine.
The remaining part of the 120 MW wind farm project will be completed soon, Misiker said.
The project is part of government’s plan to generate up to 890 MW of wind energy by the end of the Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP) period.
- Related pages: http://
Latest from Ben
- Boosting Ethiopia’s economy, one shoe at a time
- Hopeful Youth and Renowned Personalities Praise the Late PM Meles Zenawi by Celebrating his Birth Day in D.C,
- Exploring pan-Africanism in Addis Ababa
- Amazing images of salt harvest in Ethiopia
- Coach Sewnet Bishaw and Adane Girma will be Guest of Honors at AESA-One DC2013